CM Punk addresses Colt Cabana, AEW EVPs and Hangman Adam Page at post-All Out presser

This has little to nothing to do with what CM Punk did and is a straw man argument about why you favour one promotion over the other :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure Punk would go back, while most talent love Hunter, Iā€™m pretty sure Punk dislikes Hunter, possibly more then he dislikes Vince.

1 Like

Also pretty sure that the feelings are mutual.

3 Likes

If they can work together and be professional itā€™s not complicated at all to tell turn this into a cohesive story.

• Punk ran his mouth against the heel Elite.
  • The Elite tried to ambush Punk in his locker room.
  • Punk and Ace outnumbered valiantly fought them off.

It sets up Punk vs Omega which we have never seen before. They can involve Hangman to go back to Punk vs Hangman. Thereā€™s no need to rush straight back to Punk vs MJF. And maybe Mox focuses on the Blackpool Combat Club with Danielson after their All Out losses.

Now if itā€™s as bad as they say then Ace is fired, all four are suspended, Punk will file a lawsuit supporting Ace and then back out after two years. It could be really messy. Or they can make a lot of money. Itā€™s really up to them.

2 Likes

Alsoā€¦ MJF can easily take storyline credit for most of this. He ruined Punkā€™s big moment in Chicago. He left Punk shook. He caused him to lash out at the press conference, and the fights backstage.

(MJF video in tweet belowā€¦ which doesnā€™t show up, so youā€™ll need to click the link).

If this is all legit, it can absolutely be turned into several money making stories.

1 Like

In a world where Punk can just let things go and be chill about everything, sure. My money is on Punk being vindictive and bitter and this getting uglier. I appreciate the glass half full perspective though.

3 Likes

CM punks should come out full on heel on dynamite. Talk about how he laid waste to those bitch ass EVPs.

Tell them if they should go say hi to Cody before Ace Steel gives them another black eye.

Just run with it

In the context of the show though these arenā€™t ā€œheelā€ comments.

The Elite are the heels and he badmouthed them and beat them up. The line that they ā€œshould go say hi to Codyā€ would draw massive applause from the audience who booed Cody.

We saw the limitations for ā€œonlineā€ fans when Max Caster dropped a line about the infamous ā€œbackstage meetingā€ in his opening rap and the fans in attendance had no clue what we was talking about. For some AEW diehards who live online they might boo the idea of their favorites leaving. But I think most would applaud CM Punk for that.

Right now I see no indication that the majority of fans attending the shows will not still view CM Punk as the companies biggest baby face. He would need to do a lot more to turn heel.

Going ā€œscorched earthā€ would be to talk about WWE being a better place than AEW. That Mox was right and the title is meaningless. That MJF was right and the fans are losers. That any city but Chicago sucks. That would draw some boos.

1 Like

I have a friend who has been divorced three times. All of his exes were ā€œcrazyā€ and ā€œdidnā€™t understand him,ā€ completely ignoring that thereā€™s one common denominator in all of these situations.

9 Likes

That may be the best post in the entire thread @RocketKing

I know what youā€™re saying. I donā€™t think many fans care about the young bucks, and a lot of people like me just want them to go away and never wrestle again.

However I think a lot of people are Kenny fans. Heā€™s opening attacked Kenny during that press conference as well as Hangman, both of them are popular, and not necessarily heels.

Couple that with the fact that I think most of their audience knows about this fight and that Kenny was bitten by another man Iā€™m not sure heā€™s gonna be as sympathetic as you think he is.

Iā€™m sure this is not what Tony intended. However, this is the hand heā€™s been dealt.

On the plus side there will be some buzz about this. They can certainly capitalize on it and turn in negative into a positive by launching CM Punk as a massive heel. I donā€™t have to tell you about the Montreal screw job and the Mr. McMahon character for an example

2 Likes

Maybe negativity is in the air so now I might be looking for trouble where there isnā€™t but should the Trios tournament be talked about more? The titles were obviously being held out until Kenny (EVP) came back. And now Kenny + Young Bucks (EVPs) are the first champs.

The young bucks are very popular. Youre wild for thinking most fans want them to never wrestle again.

Why do you not like them though sir?

Oh Iā€™m sure a lot of people like them. But I donā€™t think they are draws on the level of Kenny or CM Punk.

I donā€™t like their match layouts. It never makes sense to me. High spots without selling and super kicks etc. too unbelievable etc.

1 Like

Can someone explain to me the ā€œworkers rightsā€ line that Hangman used. I donā€™t understand why that would piss off Punk.

1 Like

Because he apparently took it as a shot at him related to the alleged speculations of allegations (??) that he got Colt fired / moved to ROH.

Which sure, I suppose you can get that from it. But itā€™s really not all that different than talking points Eddie Kingston, MJF and others have said to Punk in promos before.

2 Likes

The punk in CM Punk isnā€™t meant to just be a gimmick, heā€™s pretty open about his politics. Likewise so is Adam Page and they seem to be in a similar place politics/worldview wise. So Page suggesting that Punk is a hypocrite for supporting workers rights while supposedly trying to get a colleague unjustly fired is bound to piss him off. Especially if the accusations are false and Punk has genuinely had nothing to do with Cabanaā€™s situation.

Because of this context, I raised an eyebrow at that line at the time. Falsely claiming somebody not just holds but is actively putting into action contradictory principles on such a subject is a good way to make anybody angry.

2 Likes

Wow.

It goes back to I think the YBs trying to sign him earlier in 2019 and him refusing. There is some bad blood there.

Also these guys are flip monkeys and Punk isnā€™t. Iā€™m sure they donā€™t agree on wrestling philosophy in general and he may have been giving them advice that was ignored.

Never forget the Hangman interview where he said he doesnā€™t listen to anyone. That could include Punk as well

Bc you are 100 percent right - others said stuff and it never got him worked up like this