Game of Thrones*SPOILER ALERT*

Yeah I thought that was the end of Tyrion too. I’m wondering if Dani will even try fighting with her last dragon much since they have such a strong weapon to fight it with. If The Mountain actually dies I hope it isnt at the hands of Greyworm. Seems very anticlimactic to me. Dani’s facials in that last scene were just fantastic. Showed so much emotion without saying a word. This episode was great and it progressed a lot while setting up so much more for the last 2 episodes.

1 Like

Dude, that would be fucking terrible, but I can see it happening now. The Mountain is gonna be killed, hopefully by The Hound. Maybe The Mountain kills him and then I can see Greyworm sneaking in and taking him out.

The Brienne/Jaime stuff was just unecessary fan service. They stumbled into the scene through the drinking game with Tyrion discovering she’s a virgin because she looked at Jaime…? I thought they settled on them having some feelings for each other which turned into mutual respect which I was fine with but I guess they needed something for people to go “yaasss queen” on Twitter.

As for Daenerys, it doesn’t make sense that she was flying up so high and wasn’t able to see a whole fleet of ships. And Jon has become a complete coward again, makes me dislike him.

I did like the fact Daenerys was starting to go crazy and I’m assuming that’ll result in one of Daenerys or Jon being killed by the other in the final episode(unless they do a whole “let’s not fight, there’s a women’s revolution going on guys, a cock isn’t important Varys you asshole, Daenerys is the true ruler” with Jon Snow).

The Brianne Jamie stuff was entirely unnecessary except to remind us the story doesn’t have happy endings, which, everything that happen to Dany’s crew was a reminder of anyway.
Dany as the worst Mother of Dragons is starting to get stupid. She has zero regard for their protection. She underestimated everyone and she’s the last person now I’d want to be ruler. You let your kids die! What kind of ruler will you be?
And I can’t with the ridiculousness of time lapses. Takes a day to get to Kings Landing from the North? Stop it. It got stupid in season 7 but now it’s just convenient and as somebody wrote before: LAZY

2 Likes

The Sansa thing makes complete sense and is totally in line with where her character has gone. We’ve seen over the last 3-4 seasons how she’s become more manipulative after having a front row seat to all the deception from Cersei and Littlefinger. She doesn’t trust Dany and knew by letting on to Tyrion that it would sow dissent among Dany’s inner circle.

With Tyrion, you could tell he was desperate but was clinging to the hope that there was some humanity left in Cersei. He knew that her children were the only thing keeping her from being a complete monster, and with her being pregnant, he hoped it would bring some of her human side back.

They are definitely rushing through some stuff as the series winds down, but the character work is spectacular. Nearly every major character has had a great story arc, and we’ve seen so much payoff of that this season and last.

I’ve been pretty disappointed with this season. I’m echoing previous comments, but everything feels rushed, and the writing seems lazy to me, and for the longest time those were traits I’d never associate with game of thrones. This is season 8 of dexter all over again for me. Maybe it will end with Jon Snow mercy killing Daenerys, abandoning his family and becoming a lumberjack.

Still, it seems like fans are pretty 50/50 on this season, so at least some people are enjoying it. Universal hatred would be a sad ending to a pretty good show.

1 Like

LOL you’re not getting any CleganeBowl, Greyworm is now the guy deal with it.

And dragons are now dire wolves in terms of usefulness.

That’s just it. It’s not that this season is bad, it’s a theatrical/cinematic masterpiece. But when you have years of a well thought out and detailed story your going to need to do a little more heavy lifting across the finish line. Don’t cruise in on call backs to lines from the past and think that’s all we needed.

Safe to say GRRM is going to drop a book and have all the story in it and it’s goinng to make millllllions

3 Likes

Lol I’m not sure how safe of a call that is anymore.

I wonder what that is? :thinking:

1 Like

He obviously wants to bang Arya.

I was so upset with how Dexter ended. That was terrible.

2 Likes

You know, season 8 of Dexter was almost a blessing. No matter how bad whatever I’m watching is, I can always tell myself that it’s still better then the ending of Dexter. Literally everything else is good in comparison.

1 Like

All I gotta say is “poor Ghost”. I mean, there’s a possibility for a run in, but you gotta atleast pet the doggo.

1 Like

Hey guys! We will be doing a special podcast tomorrow reviewing Ep5 and previewing Ep6. Would love you all to leave feedback and give us your theories/predictions! upNXT: Game of Thrones Ep 5 and Prediction Thread

1 Like

I always used to be confused by people who despise Raw but watch it every week anyways. It never really made sense to me. If it just makes you mad then why would you keep watching? If all you ever do is complain about the nonsensical writing then why tune in every week.

I feel like I understand now. I get why some people will enjoy this season. The cinematography and score are excellent. The previous seasons have made you attached to the characters, and enough dramatic things have happened every episode to keep one on the edge of their seat.

But I hate everything they’ve done. There are big things like Jaimes character arc, the White Walkers ultimate pointlessness, Daenerys going “mad”. Characters like Littlefinger and Varys who became idiots for the sake of the story of other characters. The small things add up too. Stuff like the numerous improbable “camera cut” survivals, or Jaime getting stabbed twice but Euron, being on the verge of death and suddenly being fine. Everything just got so lazy in terms of the writing. Give credit to the actors though, because I think they’ve all been fantastic.

Edit: I thought Cleganebowl was fun!

1 Like

King’s Landing would’ve been fine if Cersei got her elephants

2 Likes

I think Cersei and Jamie’s deaths deserved to be more episode centric whereas it was kind of lost amongst the clutter.

Also, I’d have switched varys and missandeis deaths, if the last episode had ended with Dany killing Varys, her heel turn would have been signalled earlier, whilst if this episode began with Cersei decapitating missandei it would be a good reminder of how much of a villain she is and she wouldn’t just be the victim the full episode.

Gendry, not Pod. Smug emoji.