The Fact Checking Thread!!!

I thought it was King BookAH!

image https://media1.tenor.com/images/caa828c3760992e23c7b9f27edf5b88e/tenor.gif?itemid=8010228

1 Like

The fastest WWE title change was not Kofi/Lesnar (9 seconds) but Bob Backlund losing to Diesel in 8 seconds.

Not according to Pat Laprade. I trust the man who measures by 100th/second.

1 Like

Great. That’s very precise ! I didn’t know there had been an article about that. I got fact checked.

2 Likes

On RAR 10/21/19 Wai and John discussed if Superman is from Cleveland after Lawler mentioned it when talking about Ricochet.

What Lawler is referring to is that Superman’s creators Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster lived in Cleveland and wrote the earliest Superman comics from their homes in Cleveland. Their home is a historical landmark.

Although Wai is correct that Smallville is in Kansas in the comics.

4 Likes

On Rewind-A-Wai SummerSlam 2015 Wai talks about the next episode of Rewind-A-Wai where they will review AJW Dreamslam. I know it’s hard for them to remember but they have already reviewed parts of this show back on October 21, 2015.

1 Like

I remember driving around in another part of town and listening to that review with the same praise from Meltzer

On the Jan 28 episode of Rewind-A-Raw, John & Wai discuss the possibility of driving from the northern tip of North America down to the southern tip of South America and they can’t conclusively find if this is possible or not.

It is currently not possible because of something called the Darién Gap. It’s a patch of land across the Panamanian/Colombian border through which no road has been built straight through. The land is marshy, forested, and mountainous. Building a highway through there would be cost prohibitive and ecologically deleterious.

2 Likes

Deleterious. What a wonderful word

Hello everyone,
following the latest Thunderstruck, please inform WH that “no molestar” means “don’t disturb” or “don’t bother me” in Spanish.

2 Likes

Rewind-A-Dynamite 3/25/20
Are You Afraid of the Dark definitely aired in the U.S. It was on Nickelodeon and part of their original Saturday night lineup (SNICK).

3 Likes

A correction to John & Wai’s calls for a correction from the 4/13 Rewind-A-Raw: they never showed any footage from Drew McIntyre vs. Andrade at the November '17 NXT Takeover. No need to worry about missing something.

1 Like

On the July 15 episode for Review-a-Dynamite John quoted Luchasaurus as saying he waited 65 thousand years for his match. He actually said 65 million, dinosaurs having gone extinct roughly 65 million years ago.

Also, John recounted the allegory of the scorpion and the frog mostly correct, but he left out the key bit of information of the scorpion pointing out that, were he to sting the frog, they would both drown, and then stinging the frog anyway.

6 Likes

On the Rewind-A-Wai, ‘Capital Carnage 98’ review During the trivia portion) John and Wai talk about the #1 movie during that time (Pixar’s: A Bug’s Life) and how it was similar to Dreamworks “ANTZ!”

This was a very important moment, not just in film animation history, but movie history as this started the heated feud between the former Dreamworks: SKG and Disney/Pixar pairing.

(I’ll try) to summarize. Jeffrey Katzenberg and Michael Eisner who were brought in to save Disney in the 1980’s from bankruptcy as their film animation suffered a series of box office bombs, gave way to what would later be known as the early incarnation of “The Disney Afternoon” and the “65 syndication episode format” thus saving Disney and entering what many call their “Renaissance”.

a public feud erupted between DreamWorksJeffrey Katzenberg, and Pixar’s Steve Jobs and John Lasseter, Katzenburg and Esiner has a huge falling out which had Katzenburg leave Disney to form “DreamWorks”, with Steven Spielberg (who left Warner Bros. Animation after a falling out with management) and David Geffen.

The story is that John Lasseter. would still keep in touch with Katzenburg as he would mention his current work to a man Lasseter seen as a mentor of sorts. When work got our that DreamWorks was releasing ANTZ, John knew that his mentor betrayed him, stealing A Bug’s Life story and using it for ANTZ (Thus the similarities between the two movies).

A more in-depth story about this can be found here → A Bug's Life - Wikipedia

Sorry it’s so wordsy. I’m a bit of an animation nerd.

And John, Wai.

… How DARE YOU not know the BRILLIANCE of one Deborah Cox and his massive hit, “How Did you Get Here?”

SHAME!

3 Likes

Thanks for the lesson. Very familiar with Deborah Cox. She’s Canadian. Prefer the remix.

2 Likes

On the September 1st edition of "Review-A-Wai’, Halloween Havoc 1991. John wonders if Canadian actor, Paul Gross stared in the popular nineties sitcom, Northern Exposure.

The show John was thinking of was “Due South”, which a RCMP teams up with a Chicago Cop to solve his father’s murder. Northern Exposure was a sitcom that stared Rob Morrow (of CBS series “Numb3rs”) about the eccentric residents of a fictional Alaskan town.

Funny enough, both series premiered on CBS. Four years apart.

4 Likes

Windham was not a heel going into this event. He was a face after the double turn with Luger following the match over the vacated wcw title. I think Rhodes and Windham originally had a tag title match scheduled for this event…

Wasn’t Northern Exposure a Drama? I dont think it was a sitcom (ie. situational comedy).

1 Like

It was more comedy/drama so sitcom wouldn’t be right so your right on that part.

1 Like

I remember it, but I never actually watched it.