The NJPW Thread

Youā€™re acting like Tana will be working top-tier singles matches on this tour. Heā€™ll be hidden in multi-man tags and hit his key spots, heā€™ll be grand.

In fact, Iā€™d wager theyā€™ll run an injury angle on this Aussie tour and theyā€™ll film it for NJ World.

@ShaneSilver you have a fair point, heā€™ll most likely be in 6/8-man tags, but still excited as hell.

Oh I have no doubt, but the thing with his injuries is he needs time away from the ring, not working tags. Its still new japan and the multi man tags though short time in ring, there is a fair bit of stiff work being done. I just worry about the guy.

1 Like

Well I think we all thought Heā€™d be off after The New Beginning cards but hopefully after this tour, he can rest.

Iā€™m not entirely sure itā€™ll be one of those ā€œtour showsā€ or ā€œroad toā€¦ā€ shows with a bunch of multi-man matches, for a couple of reasons.

1. I donā€™t expect these shows will be on njpw world, so they donā€™t have to use multi man matches to hold off on confrontations or to build feuds, and
  2. They havenā€™t announced enough talent. Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll use some local talent here and there - but in Australia they canā€™t get away with calling it ā€œNew Japanā€ then having 50% of the performers be local jabronis.

I imagine this will be a bit closer to a house show, where we might get ā€œpreviewsā€ of things like Okada v Sanada and Tana v Suzuki.

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m hoping for anyway! Iā€™m not expecting 4-5 star matches, but Iā€™m hoping to not see 10 njpw guys jammed together in a 12 minute 5v5 match.

The Festival Hall prices have been announced, but Adelaide, Sydney, & Perth yet to be confirmed.

So anyone want to buy my kidney to help find my ticket it would be appreciated. :joy::rofl::grin:

• ā€œOne (1) Kidney, slightly used otherwise fine, AU$500.00 o.n.o.ā€
1 Like

After WK, I keep finding myself looking so much more forward to the New Beginning shows than any upcoming WWE event.

I actually went back and am watching WK9 to catch up on all the big events Iā€™ve missed. I need my New Japan fix!

2 Likes

New Bigginings & Rumble weekend will be a lot of fun as a viewer

Didnā€™t bother with any of FantasticaMania, but starting to get amped for then TWO New Beginnings shows next weekend!

2 Likes

I probably not going to watch the Fantasticamania shows since there isnā€™t any Hiromu Takahashi vs. Dragon Lee type must watch matches.

Iā€™ve watched the first Fantastica Mania card. It was fun, but nothing essential. If youā€™re watching or interested in watching CMLL, the Angel de Oro vs. Cuatrero match is well worth giving a go; that was my match of the night for that show.

Anybody staying up way late (or getting up way early) to watch New Beginning tonight? I think itā€™s a 4 AM EST start. Iā€™ll be watching it later in the day.

Iā€™m very tempted. Then again i can just wake up at 8 eastern. Not read spoilers and watch it then lol

Live New Japan at 9am on a Saturday? Iā€™m in.

Just tuning into New Beginning (Night 1) Did I miss anything yet?

A couple very good shows this weekend, combined with a good Takeover and above average Rumble made this quite the wrestling weekend.

1 Like

LIJ for life! The real MVPs of NJPW!

Tama Tonga for leader of the Bullet Club

1 Like

So is anyone watching these ā€œRoad To The New Beginningā€ shows live (Feb. 5th & 6th)?

1 Like

I caught the last two matches of yesterdayā€™s show. The 10-man was really fun, although the same issues with Sanada being made to look very weak were there. Also, watch Jay White/Finlay; good little match and some great character development from White.

1 Like