US Senate to investigate Saudi incident. How will this affect the Saudi/WWE relationship?

They could always shift some of the story lines to Survivor Series.

i Feel like for the bryan/ AJ Match they had a plan to use the match as a way to bring the Miz into the storyline and have a triple threat a survivor series, So if that was the plan them it’s really hard to move that match at survivor series, you could always do it on smackdown but it would feel like a demotion for that match. The triple threat and the Legends tag match, you can easily moved them on the survivor series card unless Lesnar isn’T available for that date but that’s about it because you can’t really do the tournament anymore and i feel this was suppose to advance to angle vs corbin feud along so that you could do either a survivor series tag match or a one on one match for survivior series. But you could find other way to get to the same point, it’S just that it would make fans feel like they wasted so much time watching qualifying matches that meant nothing.

Anyway, we have 2 weeks before the event and like i mention before, we don’t know anything about what in the contract that vince and HHH signs, So in this point, it’s all speculation if they even can pull out of the deal without getting sued for breach of contract. So will just have to wait and see as to how the whole story develops

Dave Meltzer reported on WOR that the Saudi Arabia show is “very much in jeopardy”. He’s saying that Vince was set on going unless the State department told him no, but now “outside forces” (probably sponsors) are pressuring him not to go. He also confirmed that the writers were informed that John Cena would not be part of the event if it continues.

with 2 weeks left before the event, i don’t see anything stopping them from going unless Trump says no. Like John said on review a raw, They already have a substitute for Cena if he doesn’t show up and as for Bryan they might try to either convinces him to go anyway or just postponed the match to a later date.

Trust me on this, sponsors have a lot more power over Vince and the board than Trump does. Trump doesn’t pay a single dime to the WWE, while sponsors are their bread and butter. Meltzer is reporting that he’s being pressured by “outside sources”, those are most likely sponsors or even Fox.

The Wrap is reporting that the WWE will be making a decision on this Wednesday. Prediction: not cancelled but moved to the UK.

So i guess we will talk about this more after they decided what they are doing with the show.

It’s weird that they are waiting until Wednesday. What shoe will drop by then?

Just make a decision today and move forward one way or another.

Pretty sure the stockholder conference call is Wednesday, which could be why.

1 Like

If it gets moved to the UK then how do you expect to book an arena, sell it out, sort everything else out with just nine days notice?

No one said it has to be on the same date. Plus a few wrestling news sites have reported that they’ve had back up plans for at least the last week. So they’ve already established a plan B.

Welcome to crown jewel in … With the lovely crown jewelian citizens in the king crown arena.

1 Like

For some reason, I have this image of them doing the show from the Mall of America. Just like the first Nitro.

Bring back Ken Shamrock and have a lion’s den match.

Location for Crown Jewel now showing as "null, null’, which I should note is also the hometown for current title holder (Vacant).

1 Like

Apparently if you search Manchester arena Google is now listing a WWE event for Saturday November 3rd, no event was previously scheduled.

3 Likes

New location. Parts unknown.

2 Likes

Defending Champion Unknown

1 Like

Holy shit. That’s definitely the strongest evidence yet it’s actually being moved. I’m actually quite surprised that Vince caved to the public/possibly advertiser outcry. Although the politics of the situation are getting worse.

I think if they put the same card on in Manchester (with some last minute additions of the women) it would be a hell of a show in that atmosphere.

It’s not about just current sponsors pressure. Let’s say this thing turns into an even more explosive situation and now the WWE went ahead and ran a propaganda show…it’s just a bad look.

Frankly, the fact John Cena realized he needed to distance himself from this before Vince did is very telling to me.