Vince McMahon accused of Sex Trafficking / Resignation šŸ§µ

Show me where anyone said that. :joy:

Re-read and try again

2 Likes

ā€œIf the US attorney isnā€™t looking into this, thereā€™s something very, very wrong.ā€

ā€œThis will go before a jury.ā€ (And through discovery). Although he suggests it ends at a summary judgement because the evidence is so overwhelming against Vince and WWE.

ā€œThis will be for hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars, if not a billion.ā€

3 Likes

Bruce Rivers heā€™s the criminal lawyer!

Great channel.

1 Like

ā€œMy office and my inbox have had a barrage of people wanting to come forward to attest about this culture of corruption and also possible victims. We are just beginning now to wade through all this but weā€™re frankly overwhelmed,ā€

1 Like

Soā€¦ It seems like the turning on one another has begun.
This is going to get messy.

Also, by doing this, John is admitting everything accused is true.

At the end of the day John Laurinaitis was also also an employee of Vinceā€™s. Iā€™m sure people will dismiss his claim because of his gender which is problematic, but if he legitimately felt coerced and pressured into having sex with his boss and other employees, there is a case to be made.

Now did he actually feel this way? Is this a false narrative created by his attorney? Were he and Vince just two ā€œbuddiesā€ who got off on raping women and heā€™s as big of a rapist as Vince? Does he have proof that he felt coerced (ie. text messages or emails to other people about it) I donā€™t know, but it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I image that the current WWE, and everyone involved is going to frame all this as ā€œVince coercing and pressuring everyoneā€ and ruling with an iron fist.

I donā€™t have org charts in front of me, but if that reason works (legally) for Johnny Ace, doesnā€™t it works for pretty much everybody? ā€œVince was my boss, and I was afraid of himā€ probably isnā€™t even a lie for most people who have worked there.

3 Likes

If a lawyer can prove that Vince created a culture of fear which was enforced with an authoritarian style where he would verbally explode on people, fire people at the drop of a hat, and possibly even doing things to ruin their chances of having a career outside of WWE (wouldnā€™t put this past Vince) Iā€™m sure itā€™s possible.

1 Like

Tim is from Vice. Needless to say, lots of stories being worked onā€¦

2 Likes

https://www.wsj.com/business/federal-prosecutors-investigate-vince-mcmahon-sex-trafficking-allegations-460a6822

Paywall removed:
https://archive.is/J4YHP

This isnā€™t going away, and going to get a lot worseā€¦

2 Likes

Might end up being accurate, but that quote screams ā€œquote from a guy who doesnā€™t really know anything and doesnā€™t like Triple Hā€ rather than actual info, Might as well ask Nailz to weigh in.

3 Likes

This is fair.

What I would say is also fair is that Paul Lesveque is one of two things:

1. An accomplice to all of this and part of a cover-up at worst, and part of creating and fostering the culture of that work place for the last twenty years.

Or

1. Completely oblivious to a a brewing company sex trafficking scandal, inappropriate relationships and general incompetence, and should not hold a management position of any sort.

Take your pick.

Paul, Nick, Hayes, Prichard, Shawn - none of them are surviving this.

As more and more comes out - even if theyā€™re not directly implicated - people who stood by and welcomed back Vince (even for just the sale) - will be looking worse and worse.

1 Like

Levesqueā€™s history regarding NXT and Bill DeMott illustrate he has been complicit with allowing and covering up abuse in the past.

editing to add: Obviously worlds different levels of abuse, but abuse none the less.

1 Like

So why is Shawn Michaels now being blamed for this? Has he been accused of something Iā€™m not aware of?

Iā€™m putting Shawn on that list as somebody who has a questionable past (numerous rape allegations from earlier in his career). And if heā€™s in power within the company, TKO will see him as a liability. Probably doesnā€™t help that heā€™s been incredibly close with Vince for as long as Lesveque.

Shawn is a stretch for sure - but there are definitely parts of his past that are very questionable.

1 Like

https://www.sescoops.com/features/editorial-vince-mcmahon-is-going-to-jail

The company has said it had reached out to Grant, but didnā€™t get a response. That wonā€™t save any member of the McMahon family with TKOā€™s board. It wonā€™t save Paul Levesque, who was on the road and backstage with McMahon through his most sordid days.

Levesqueā€™s performance before an even milquetoast group of questioners at the Royal Rumble press conference shows how little he understands the reality of the situation heā€™s in. Heā€™s done. Nick Khan is done. Bruce Pritchard is done.

A week later, and the media (rightfully) isnā€™t letting this slide.

Ok, I see where you are coming from when you give context.