Vince McMahon accused of Sex Trafficking / Resignation đŸ§”

There is a whole thread of them.

1 Like

Ok I see the issue. On my phone I’m not logged into Twitter, on my computer I am so I was able to see it there. I rarely use Twitter on account of it being a cess pool, and Elon suspended my account.

I just read through it, pretty much what I expected from a culture created by Vince.

1 Like

A very good read and summary.

2 Likes

Serious question, who is Trevor Dame? I see him on Twitter all the time, but I don’t know him as anything other than a serial tweeter who likes AEW.

His current narrative is that “we want Cody” is being treated as a bigger story than the Vince investigation. Because that fits his narrative of hating WWE. When in reality, it’s just that he doesn’t understand that some people can have thoughts that they don’t tweet.

1 Like

He’s a writer and podcaster.

And not sure how that thread of tweets equals hating WWE. He’s putting it in a simple explanation why the story doesn’t start and end with Vince.

1 Like

Thanks. Not talking about that thread of tweets specifically, but my observation over the past however long that the Twitter algorithm has essentially made me a follower of his account.

2 Likes

In addition to being a great and sharp follow, Trevor’s “ThROH The Years” ROH retrospective podcast is great stuff.

3 Likes

Trevor deserves a trophy for the coverage he provides during the AEW and WWE press conferences :joy:

2 Likes

I think it’s mostly that until there’s new information, there isn’t much to say about the lawsuit at the moment. People come online to wrestling communities to talk about wrestling stuff, and this Roman/Rock/Cody development is not unnewsworthy, even if it’s relatively mundane in the big picture. Everyone has said what they have to say about it for now.

Still though, there is a fervor behind the Rock news that is a bit off-putting to me. The energy behind Daniel Bryan’s bad booking was more charming when the worst of our problems was that a wrestling show was bad. When I see talk of boycotting WWE because of this, when the WSJ article is only a couple weeks old? I don’t know; it’s uncomfortable to me the way some people seem more actionable on this story than the other.

I give people the benefit of the doubt though that most people are not moving on from the allegations but just that there’s not much left to say at this time. I still think we need people to be “that guy/girl” to remind us that this lawsuit is still very much a thing and that there are problems far beyond wrestling storylines happening right now, and this needs to be in the conversation till the bitter end.

He works (or at least worked) for WrestlingInc a site that is mostly “newz” and clickbait.

1 Like

Didn’t the Rock and Roman tease on Raw happen before any of this came out?

Depending on who you believe, yes, Rock vs. Roman has been planned for a while. But at the same time, it’s at odds with other plans.

Regardless, the entire manufactured social media campaign of the last 72 hours surrounding “Justice for Cody” and The Rock’s return, has absolutely been done to distract from the actual headlines going on.

I feel that’s a bit of a stretch. I’m sure WWE wants other headlines out there, I’m not denying that, but at the same time they are a company that is constantly trying to grab headlines and this is the time of the year they are always going to go into promotional overdrive.

It’s not a stretch at all. They had talents tweeting things and WWE friendly media picking up the story. It’s a very intentional distraction.

I understand your opinion, I just don’t agree regardless of how you frame it as factual.

Again, I’m not saying that there isn’t some strategy involved in regards to changing the narrative, what I’m saying is that I’m not convinced that none of this takes place had the Vince stuff not happened.

I feel that anything they do will be framed and tied to what’s going on, to act like WWE isn’t going to try to get media attention two months prior to mana is ridicoules. Vince scandal or no Vince scandal they would be doing things to get attention right now.

WWE continues booking/promotion for biggest show of the year. How devious.

2 Likes

Thursday’s media event will be a real sign of things.

I don’t know how it’s going to be run or if journalists are going to be allowed to ask questions/have their questions vetted etc
but every single question needs to be about the Vince situation and how TKO are dealing with it internally.

1 Like

It’s ridiculous. They’re selling credentials to fans for the press conference on Thursday. They’re certainly doing their best to avoid serious questions.