Vince McMahon accused of Sex Trafficking / Resignation šŸ§µ

Canā€™t blame their business minded thinking.

I would assume the VIP package doesnā€™t come with the ability to ask a question.

So itā€™s still on the journalists in attendance to ask the tough questions, unless the ones who do ask questions have been cherry picked and informed to keep it on brand.

1 Like

Yeah, I was also assuming that the physical credential was a commemorative thing.

Kinda skips some very important information, but yet another major outlet covering the story.

Almost written as PR for Ari, Rock and Nick Khan.

Not sure why people are surprised. At the RR press conference, green shirt guy was right there. But he didnā€™t ask any questions from what I saw.

1 Like

Yes, this is true.
DDP was asking questions, and fans were present. Itā€™s clear theyā€™re aiming to make it a very friendly crowd.

Is this a new thing? Or have they always had fans attending?

Every passing day leans towards a massive cleaning of house comingā€¦

2 Likes

Who was in management at that time? That was mid 2000ā€™s?

If yes, those are the people I do believe will likely be ā€œretiringā€ or flat out terminated, so I do agree with you on that. Thatā€™s what I mean by ā€œVinceā€™s inner circleā€, the people that have been in upper management for 20-30 years. I dont think the people like Nick Khan and Hunter are fired, but I do think people like Hayes and Pritchard will be.

1 Like

Not getting into it, but you have a strange way of justifying to yourself how one group of people can be blamed vs. another.

Again, Prichard gone for half of the last twenty years. Lesveque, very close to Vince for the last twenty.

No need to respond as I know this argument will go on and on in circles, haha.

3 Likes

I posed the question I did because you referenced an incident from 2007, so I place the blame of a coverup in 2007 based on the management team in place in 2007.

I feel its a bit unfair to say youā€™re not getting into it, call my perspective weird, make your point, then tell me not to bother responding.

I have said many many many times on here, that the WWE needs to launch a third party investigation and if the investigation deems that there was wrong doing by Hunter, get rid of him. Iā€™ve never said otherwise, and I do feel I am straw-maned at times about my perspective.

I get the impression that there is segment of fans that hate Hunter because of his prolonged run on top and the stories that from some of his peers back in the 2000ā€™s where he was looked at as someone who was out for himself. It reminds me of how some in the IWC hate Hogan which to me is hypocritical since the same people seem to love Flair. While they canā€™t let go of Hogans stupid comment, they easily let go of Flairs stupid comments and additional allegations. Not to make this about Hogan/Flair, but my point here is some people will go after those for immoral actions when they didnā€™t like them to begin with, while when its someone they like the find excuses to ignore it.

Yes, Hunter is Vinceā€™s son in law, and yes he has had a role in the company for the past decade or so, but I donā€™t think that being a relative of someone makes you guilty of their actions. Nothing I have heard about Hunter from interviews with his peers, wrestlers he has mentored or people that I have personally spoken to about him in the industry makes me think he is a rapist, or that he would stand by and watch people get raped. Am I saying its impossible? No, of course not, I donā€™t believe my opinions are fact, but I think its pretty disappointing how people just decide who is innocent and who is guilty based on opinion pieces of bloggers, twitter users, and media members. I donā€™t think its a coincidence that the people that are the hardest of Hunter right now about this incident are the exact same people that have hated him for years, its confirmation bias.

You can post every tweet of every blogger on the internet, but until concrete facts come out, Iā€™m not going to convict the guy. I hope there is a federal investigation, and that is when I will begin to believe concretely what happened. I truly find it shocking that this is a controversial take.

I told you before why I donā€™t put him in Vinceā€™s inner circle. There was a heavily reported divide within the company a few years ago where on one side you had Vince, Pritchard, Dunn, John L, etc. On the other side you had Hunter, Regal, Shawn etc. and Hunter was essentially let go by Vince and NXT was changed to the 2.0 era. Based on that and numerous stories from the likes of Pollock and Meltzer etc. that I have read, it seems that there was ā€œthe old guardā€ and ā€œthe new guardā€ and my OPINION (not fact) is that the old guard is most likely to be the oneā€™s who knew and added to what Vince was doing. I think everyone in the company knew Vince slept with women, but there is a difference between knowing someone is sleeping with women vs knowing someone is raping women.

But again, I circle back to the point that I donā€™t know for sure and I acknowledge that I could be wrong. I will leave it at this, I just want an actual investigation to take place where facts come out opposed to people have a preconceived notions of what happened and just posting everything that validates their opinions. If my opinion upsets people, so be it.

5 Likes

Your response is fair and warranted. Sorry, I was a little out of line.

Look, the idea that people speak glowing about Hunter in the business is because many of them thought of him as the heir apparent to Vince and WWE. Nobody wants to burn bridges. There is a reason why Mick Foley canā€™t bring himaelf to disassociate with WWE. Or Kevin Nash is victim blaming on his podcast.

For many people, being in WWEā€™s and Paulā€™s good graces mean job security.

2 Likes

BJ is a journalist and former investigate reporter.

1 Like

Itā€™s all good, I get it. This is a sensitive subject that none of us enjoy talking about. We would all much rather be talking about other things opposed to ā€œis someone a rapistā€, ā€œdid someone know rape was going onā€ etc. Its a sensitive subject from all angles and to manage being fair to everyone involved can be a challenge. First and foremost you have to be respectful and fair to the victim, but I think its also important to allow for due process to play out when it comes to potential perpetrators. Though to be clear, that ship has sailed IMO when it comes to Vince, I think enough has come out to prove he did what he did. John Lā€™s statement was the nail in the coffin for him.

To your point, thatā€™s fair and it could be true for some. Only thing I will say is that when Vince was in power there were stories coming out left and right about him being a prick, dishonest, immoral, etc. With Hunter, there is barely anything negative outside of one NXT talent from years ago whos name I canā€™t remember, but that can be said for any promoter. Even the guys in AEW seem to praise him, could never say the same for Vince.

More coverage - from a YTā€™er with a pretty large reachā€¦

He tweeted roughly 40 times about the WWE press thing, every single one of them negative. I hope he gets paid good money to follow along this closely to something that he clearly hates. Even people that like WWE have trouble keeping up with all the weekly content.

1 Like

My guess is heā€™s paid good money to bash WWE. Not that doing that is hard right now considering all the shit coming up (which for the record they deserve to be bashed for) but heā€™s been doing this for years about everything and anything.

Seeing him praise WWE would be equivalent to Nick Hausman praising Tony Khan and the elite.

Trevor has made it his thing to tweet along with pressers.

Iā€™m doubting heā€™s making much if anything for it.

He frequently spoke negatively during these types of things about Tony and his handling of all the Punk stuff, and more recently the Jericho allegations.

Anyway, yeah, he goofed on a goofy WWE rally last night. Doesnā€™t discredit him nor his coverage of ongoing serious news concerning WWE.

Would be good if others followed suit with how blunt Bret is with it.

Yep, stopped reading after 2-3 Tweets as it clear heā€™d made a decision to troll.

Not worth the time of day to read his stuff.