Vince McMahon accused of Sex Trafficking / Resignation đŸ§”

Photo that has aged poorly.

2 Likes

I am all out of words. This is crazy. Keep enjoying that disgusting WWE company. I am going home

3 Likes

It’s funny. Yesterday I was thinking - okay, maybe since they’re going to Netflix in Canada, which I already subscribe to, I can start to watch again and still not directly financially support them.

And then this comes out. And unless there are major cultural changes in the company, I can’t see myself giving it another chance.

3 Likes

Completely disgusting and shocking, to be honest, even knowing him.

The sad part is, I’m not sure what the legal ramifications are here. It all comes down to consent I think – we already know he was paying off women and even though it’s disgusting for an old man in power to do that it’s probably not a legal unless they don’t consent to it.

This girl clearly claims that she said no many times, but I’m sure Vince and his lawyers will harp on the fact that she was with him for a long time and they were probably some consensual encounters mixed in there as well. Hopefully justice prevails

2 Likes

https://x.com/commons37481141/status/1750580222297059693?s=46&t=JWp1FDcxOniaaPmFyvmyrg

HHH and Steph were part of that “special committee”. Never bothered contacting Grant. They are all in the same boat. Get rid of them all

2 Likes

3 Likes

Thanks for information

Ari will drop Vince and it will all be settled.

This is sadly and ridiculously similar to Harvey Weinstein and Bill Cosby. Everyone in the industry knew about what was going on with Harvey Weinstein but didn’t step in and report what was going on for decades due to both of fear of personal safety and career.

With Bill Cosby, similar to Vince McMahon, this was my childhood heroes. So this really hits hard.

It was speculated that Vince was sexually abused when he was younger, via a close family member, so these actions might be the ignition that started these assault.

My other problem is why is the media posting a photo of the complainant/victim?

THIS
 Them releasing her photo does not help the situation at all.

1 Like

My assumption at this point - given the suit is public, and she went to the WSJ - that her image being shown was agreed upon.

Last year though, thanks to WWE, Brad Shephard released her name and photo. Which was a completely different situation.

1 Like

Countless outlets are now reporting on this. Hopefully this story won’t go away, and people will actually be held accountable this time.

It’s interesting to see Time and ESPN shying away from the “traffic” verbiage while others have the accusation in the headline.

1 Like

I think part of it is a game of thesaurus and trying to have a different headline than every other outlet. And, I’m sure to a degree - some of these are being covered with kid gloves, in the fact all of these conglomerates work together to some degree or another.

1 Like

From CBC News:

And Dave Meltzer being interviewed on this.

1 Like

Seems like Orton is getting some attention too right now based on this

I probably shouldn’t post this here but Corny and Brian Last’s reaction. You can make your opinion on how they reacted.

I ended up reading the complaint yesterday and had to stop at several points as it was making me physically squeamish. As a sexual assault survivor myself, and as a former deputy sheriff who investigated my fair shair of sexual assault cases, this was absolutely one of the most disturbing and depraved things I have ever read in my life. I feel absolutely horrible for the victim here and hope she gets justice.

6 Likes

I don’t really have a ton of words on it, but it both surprises me and doesn’t surprise me, if that makes sense. You can see that there were skeletons always going to come out, but the level of depravity, the objectification, the level that it spreads far and wide to

Is it the company or the business as a whole that’s just messed up?

I understand everything is about money at the end of the day. But would a scandal like this mess up a deal with Netflix or maybe Dwayne Johnson, whom currently has a daughter in the system and is ridiculously a GM?