Vince McMahon accused of Sex Trafficking / Resignation šŸ§µ

To me, I feel like Dwayne might be the guy TKO turns to, to become the forward face of the WWE side of the business. Depending how all this goes down.

I could see Rock winning the Rumble, and IF there is a presser, heā€™s the face out there. They will try to distract from what is going on.

2 Likes

A must watch and listen.

Brandon literally named Nick Khan, Paul Lesveque and Stephanie as people who are implicated by the lawsuit.

John states that this case may be the tip of the iceberg.

3 Likes

Hearing rumblings that Slim Jim has notified WWE they are pulling their sponsorships from tomorrowā€™s Royal Rumble event. It is yet to be determined if they will remain partners in the future.

https://twitter.com/WrestleVotes/status/1750961318859792855

3 Likes

That is how you force them to change. Good on Slim Jim. Others should follow until everyone is held accountable

3 Likes

Referring to your point about how we manage to see some changeā€¦ this is how we see change. Whether or not individuals watch the RR means nothing to WWEā€™s bottom line. Iā€™m already locked into a contract with SportsNet to have access to WWE, for example; theyā€™re getting my money regardless. Sponsors pulling out and brands refusing to associate with WWE will absolutely affect their bottom line, and for a publicly traded company, thatā€™s how you make things happen.

1 Like

TKO Group, the conglomerate of which WWE is a division, did not immediately respond to a request for comment on who would have been in such meetings, and the suit does not give dates for these meetings, but according to a 2020 SEC filing, the executive committee comprised McMahon, his daughter Stephanie McMahon, and his son-in-law Paul Levesque, while a 2021 one adds WWE president Nick Khan.

What the suit alleges, in other words, is not simply that McMahon and another executive exploited and assaulted a vulnerable employee with no family or work history, leaving her entirely dependent on McMahon, but that a broad stratum of the companyā€™s upper management, possibly including family members, either turned a blind eye to this or actively aided it, making them complicit. This is why WWE itself has been suedā€”it is specifically accused of participating in McMahonā€™s trafficking venture in violation of the Trafficking Victims Protection Actā€”and why in a statement to the press, Grantā€™s lawyer, Ann Callis, described it as an ā€œorganization that facilitated or turned a blind eye to the abuse and then swept it under the rug.ā€

1 Like

3 Likes

Very well said, I completely agree. The world is a filthy place and the more and more that comes out with people, companies, etc that you love, its just heartbreaking.

A good first step.

They need to go after the rest of the rot in the organization next.

If we are following the timeline of events - no matter what you choose to believe - both Paul and Nick stuck around through the investigations, and voted Vince back into power. They did it for financial and professional gain.

Not matter how you slice it, this is irrefutable.

Stephanie at least walked away, youā€™d hope out of good conscience.

People need to be held accountable.

2 Likes

Semantics, but I thought HHH, Steph and Nick were the board members who DIDNā€™T vote him back in?

Either wayā€¦ if they knew about this, under the jail right next to Vince.

He was unanimously voted back in 2023. After all of this was known by the board.

1 Like

The accused.

This doesnā€™t end with Vince leaving. This should just be the start.

3 Likes

Thanks. Found what I was thinking of: Triple H & Stephanie McMahon Oppose WWE Sale

Voted against the sale and voted against reinstatement in ā€œlate 2022ā€. But per your share, looks like it was eventually a unanimous vote.

1 Like

So aside from his figurehead position being goneā€¦not much changes.

Very wise and words from @katred.

Hopefully this is the caseā€¦

3 Likes

I agree. What they need to do is hire a third party team to do an investigation into the matter.

When/If they deem certain individuals are guilty of being a part of this, Endeveour needs to act accordingly. What I donā€™t want to see is trial by Twitter to decide who keeps vs looses their jobs based on PR and online reaction, as that defeats the point and shits on potentially other victims.

A plaintiffs filings in a court case are not the beginning and end to an investigation like this, itā€™s a part of it for sure, but not the be all end all, it needs to be much deeper and much more thorough then that.

This isnā€™t Saudi Arabia, due process is important.

Iā€™m not against you or anyone wanting accountability, but it needs to be done the right way. I donā€™t want scapegoats just being thrown to the wolves to appease the media and fans, I want an actual investigation that goes into extreme detail.

I think TKO is going to move quickly and shake things up internally.

The time for an actual investigation will come when the federal government gets involved on the human trafficking side of thingsā€¦ And then even more folks will drop off.

I feel like there is a ton of irony concerning this statement with all thatā€™s going onā€¦

Iā€™m not 100% convinced the government will get involved, but I hope they do. Anyone involved should be held accountable. However people need to play ball, and this is a civil suit and if there is a settlement that may not happen. Hopefully they get involved sooner then later before its too late.

Well of course, I said it for a reason.

2 Likes

I have a feeling Paul Levesque might not last much longer in the company.