ASK-A-WAI: Questions Thread

Do you see Aleister black getting the call up after wrestlemania? And how would you book his first feud leading up to summer slam? I would have him destroy some local talent for the first 4-5 weeks and slowly build him up to take on The ic champ ( possibly Braun ).

Thanks. Great to have you guys back in my podcast feed

Why was Damian Abraham so much less annoying with Brian and Nate than he is with John and Wai ?

I don’t listen to Keep It 2000 (I’m not a fan of the Nate & Brian combo) but I never found Damian annoying on any Wai/Pollock show. What did he do differently this time around?

He was a little more low key. Didn’t ramble and monologue as much. Didn’t drop any names.

I’m a little iffy about Aleister Black being called up. I would love to see an Aleister Black Wrestlemania entrance. However, I’m worried that his first feud, upon coming up, is going to be against Bray Wyatt.

Yeah. That’s a good point. Bray wyatt the eater of careers. I’m worried that he will lose his lustre if he stays in nxt much longer. I thought balor stayed to long and wasn’t as exiting to see him come up to the main roster

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy: Eater of Careers!! You’re right, Balor stayed in NXT for way too long. The thing is that the NXT roster so deep right now compared to Balor’s NXT tenure. And I think it’s pretty cool that we get to see Aleister Black every-other week. The break makes the wrestlers seem special, instead of seeing them wrestle the same opponent, every week.

He’s probably my favourite right now. I’d like to see aleister against ricochet before he gets the call up. Can imagine them 2 having an amazing ladder match

I’m a huge fan too. Different Aleister Black/Tommy End than the one that we saw with his thumb up Ciampa’s ass in PWG.

To be honest man I’ve never really followed PWG. Ive mainly just watched wwe from around 97-98 onwards. Started watching a lot of the NJPW shows past couple years

I don’t know if this is where you leave questions here for the next roundtable but I wanted to ask 2 questions. Ill try to watch the grammar

Do you guys anticipate expanding a little bit if you guys had time to review television shows that are popular or ones you enjoy like a Stranger Things, American Vandal, Glow recap for each episode or for the whole thing. If there is a demand for it I guess if it is something to consider, but if not I don’t want you guys wasting your time

Second.Do you guys think that with this metoo movement and ties to Trump will lead to the blowback from WWE’s past with things like this Lawler case being revisited or that even McMahon’s alleged sexual assault back in 06 is resurfacing? With how much people are under the scope and WWE putting up an article from Breitbart, do you guys think the wrestling business is going to be examined, especially since with this recent mainstream press of the XFL potentially returning

Why is NJPW so passive and conservative about breaking into the North American market? I have to order through pro wrestling tees for njpw merchandise because they never bring enough during their Global Wars tours. They are not expanding big enough in my opinion re: arena size, merch, you name it. The demand is there but they aren’t satisfYing it.

The wake up call for me was last weekend at Hot Topic. I asked if they had bullet club shirts expecting one or two items but they had a whole display for not just B.C stuff but LIJ and njpw merch too.

What would you suggest njpw do to take advantage of what I see as huge demand for their product here in North America?

Please see update in original post regarding the repurposing of this thread.

Imran from Huddersfield.

If “POST Wrestling the Movie - the incredible journey of John and Wai” was to be put into production by WWE Films, who on the active roster would you want playing you both? Remember, you’d want someone who can adequately replicate your unique levels of charisma… And on top of that, which Oscars would the movie be nominated for?

Also Did you guys see Black Panther? If so what did you think? You guys should do standalone movie review podcasts for the big film releases that you’ve both seen.

If the WWE had a brand roster shake up like they did after Mania last year, who all do think would switch brands or who would you like to see switch brands this year? What fresh match ups would you enjoy watching?

1 Like

Again, not a question but comment. Loved this week’s roundtable. Felt much more organic and for large portions Damian seemed to be carrying large portions of the conversation.

Very much an improvement from the first version. Please keep it up. I really enjoyed it.

Whats the greatest finishing move of all time?

1 Like

New Japan’s recent tour of Australia was a massive success, and now, they’re opening a dojo in LA. What do you think is New Japan’s gameplan? Simply spreading the brand and bringing more talent back to Japan? Building relationships with smaller promotions in other countries (RPW in England, MCW and others in Australia)? Even more than that? Would love to know your thoughts.

Wai, do your parents understand what you and John do for a living? Or do they think this little wrestling thing you guys do is a hobby and are waiting for you to find a “real” job? I’m curious because I don’t know if my parents would understand.

1. If you had to pick between these 2 options, what would you rather have in a pro wrestling product; dynamic, well-written storylines with poor to average match quality or awfully written storylines with excellent match quality?

2. Are there any wrestling podcasts you guys listen to outside of the Post Wrestling umbrella?